Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tape Music, Radiophonic Workshop, Glowing Sky Monkey Watches Over All

I have been listening to a lot of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop themes recently. My favorite is definitely the Dr. Who theme.                                                                                            


                       


Delia Derbyshire made that song entirely from tapes of real sounds sped up and slowed down. Its amazing to think how long it must have taken to cut the tapes and reassemble them. The video below is an example of her in action. If I could time travel, I would probably go back and do a lot of things throughout all eras of time (like hunt dinosaurs and intervene in dolphin evolution, just to name two), but I would especially try to get Delia Derbyshire to marry me and we could make lots of superhuman tape music babies together. I love her teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment